The Bripe is a coffee brew pipe. Developed to quickly brew a shot of coffee on the go, the Bripe is lightweight and simple. Here’s how to make Bripe coffee.
This guide is part of our How to Make Coffee series.
Photo copyright is owned by Bripe Inc.
Table of Contents
How to Make Bripe Coffee Brew
- Time to first sip: 3 minutes
- Type of Coffee: Smooth, rich brew similar to that of French press
- Coffee grind: Whatever suits you. The built-in filter has settings for three sizes.
- Gear required: The Bripe Coffee Brew Kit, filtered water, ground coffee
- Difficulty: Easy and simple
Bripe Coffee Tips: Be sure to hold the cork handle while the Bripe is hot.
Invented by two friends who love overnight treks and rafting in Costa Rica, the Bripe is an all-in-one system that makes great coffee possible anywhere you go, from camping trips to cafes.
It’s ideal for outdoor adventures because it’s lightweight and fits easily into a backpack or tackle box. Even more, the Bripe is earth-friendly since it doesn’t create any waste.
With the Bripe, you don’t need to bother carrying a kettle with you. You don’t even need to boil water because the Bripe has its own handheld quad jet torch lighter that heats the water.
You won’t need to pack a mug either because you can drink straight from the Bripe. Plus, all it takes is three minutes from heating to sipping.
Bripe Kit Pieces
The Bripe kit comes with the following accessories:
- The Bripe Coffee Brew Pipe
- Quad jet torch
- Reusable Stainless Steel Adjustable Filter
- Base cooling plate
- Coffee tube
- Insulated Cork Handle
- Carrying case
Bripe Coffee Recipe
- Place the filter so that the right size perforations for your size grind cover the stem hole.
- Add your ground coffee, 1 tbsp of coffee is recommended but you can adjust to your preference.
- Add clean, filtered water up to the line etched on the outside of the Bripe cup. Fill to 1/4″ from the top.
- Stir with the thermometer. Place the thermometer in the stand (inside the Bripe cup)
- Brew with the quad jet torch (about 60 seconds to a max temp of 185°F) making sure to always hold it with the cork.
- Cool to 140°F. Add sugar and milk if desired.
- Blow into the stem to make bubbles and then suck the brew through the stem and enjoy.
How to Use a Bripe Coffee Maker (Video)
The following video will show how to use the Bripe to make coffee. They don’t show adjusting the filter, but you’ll want to do that so that you don’t suck up coffee grounds.
We don’t recommend using water from a stream, it’s best to only use water from a source you know is safe, filtered water is the best.
If you’re on the trail, you might need help grinding some beans. Here’s how to grind coffee beans without a grinder.
More Bripe Recipes
On their recipes page, you’ll learn how to make a Bripe latte, green tea with honey, pumpkin spice latte, hot apple cider, and more.
Have you tried this way to make coffee? Please share your questions and tips below!
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Bryan Haines is a co-founder and writer on EnjoyJava – and is working to make it the best coffee blog in the world.
He is a travel blogger at Storyteller Travel and blogs about photography at Storyteller Tech. He is also co-founder of Storyteller Media, a company he started with his wife, Dena.