Prepare for smart morning coffee! Here are the best smart WiFi coffee makers to make your mornings even better. They connect to Alexa, Google, WiFi, Bluetooth, and more. Here’s what you need to know:
The five best smart WiFi coffee makers (and add-ons) for lazy coffee lovers are:
- Hamilton Beach Coffee Maker (Top Pick)
- Hamilton Beach 5-Cup (Smart Plug Compatible)
- Ninja Coffee Maker with Timer
For those chilly mornings when you just can’t get out of bed or those days when you need to rush to get ready and head out the door, a WiFi coffee maker will make your perfect cup of coffee.
Instead of going to the kitchen, prepping, and waiting for your coffee to be made, with the press of a preset button, you’ll have a hot cup of joe waiting for you when you want it.
Read on to learn more about which smart WiFi coffee maker is best for you and your home.
Table of Contents
3 Best Smart WiFi Coffee Makers
Using a smart coffee maker is an excellent way to make your morning coffee-making experience more enjoyable. We promised you a list of the top six smart coffee makers and here are the details about each one.
1. Hamilton Beach Works Coffee Maker
If you’re looking for a smart coffee maker that is both stress-free and struggle-free, then the Hamilton Beach Works Coffee Maker is the smart Wi-Fi-capable coffee maker for you.
It has a bold black look, a 12-cup coffee capacity, a built-in digital clock, and voice command compatibility.
Check availability on Amazon
The easy front-fill design allows you to fill water without any hassle and without spilling. And its simple technology does not require the download of any additional apps. Its patented mess-free pouring spout guarantees that you won’t spill coffee on your trousers before going to work in the morning and that your coffee will be hot and delicious when you take your first sip.
Why We Love It
The Hamilton Beach Works Coffee Maker is considered one of the easiest smart WiFi coffee makers to use. With voice activation, making your coffee any time of day will prove to be a breeze.
We love this smart WiFi coffee maker because:
- Voice activation capabilities and works well with Alexa
- Does not require the download of any additional apps on your iPhone or smartphone device
- Mess-free pouring spout
- Heat retention capabilities
- Front-facing digital clock doubles as both a timer and a timekeeping device
- Front fill setting that allows you to add water easily
- Glass carafe has a 12-cup capacity with the ability to make single-serving coffee sizes
2. Hamilton Beach 5-Cup Coffee Maker (Smart Plug Compatible)
The Hamilton Beach 5-Cup Coffee Maker is another great smart coffee maker option. This coffee maker is perfect for self-catered small batches of coffee to fit into your insulated coffee maker and take with you to sip throughout the workday.
With its compact design, swing-out brew basket, and other convenient features, the Smart Plug Compatible Hamilton Beach 5-Cup Coffee Maker is a great smaller alternative to any of the other smart WiFi coffee makers on our list.
Why We Love It
We love the Smart Plug Compatible Hamilton Beach 5-Cup Coffee Maker because it is the perfect size for only one or two people to have a few great cups of coffee in the morning. We also love how its brewing cycle can be easily paused so that you can pour yourself a cup of coffee while the coffee is still currently brewing.
We love the Hamilton because of:
- Smart Plug compatibility. This allows you to plug the Hamilton Beach 5-Cup Coffee Maker in, to become active with any Alexa, Google Home, or Siri voice activation capabilities. This feature makes your morning routine easy with voice-activated coffee brewing commands.
- 5-cup capacity, which is perfect for small batches of coffee that fit into a thermal tumbler
- Swing-out brew basket, which makes it easy to remove and replace in only seconds.
- Easy cleaning options, including a dishwasher safe basket and carafe.
- Non-stick hot plate which cools down quickly so that you can wipe it clean easily without any harsh chemicals or scrubs.
- Automatic pause setting which lets you start getting your caffeine fix even before all of the coffee is finished brewing.
What We Don’t Love
- Color limitations. There aren’t any options for size or color, so 5 cups are all you get. The coffee maker only comes in solid black, so it might not match white or beige kitchen color schemes or stainless steel appliances.
- Smart plug is required. This means that a smart plug is a requirement in order to make this coffee maker wireless or voice-activated through Alexa, Google Home, or Siri. Of course, this isn’t a big deal. You can pick one up for a pretty low price, like this super popular one by Amazon.
Or you might consider the following smart plug – that will turn most basic coffee makers into a smart one.
Learn about the 11 most popular types of coffee from around the world.
3 Types of Smart Coffee Makers
There are three different major types of smart coffee makers, and the one you choose will depend solely on preference. They include:
- Drip Coffee Makers. Drip coffee makers use ground coffee beans and hot water to filter hot coffee into a large carafe. In most drip coffee makers, the coffee comes out in large batches when finished brewing. Some smart coffee makers, however, allow you to begin drinking before the brew is finished.
- Pod Coffee Makers. Pod coffee makers use small pre-packaged coffee pods that are inserted into specific pod insertion points. These pods are pre-measured and often come in different flavors. While pod coffee makers are convenient, they produce a lot of plastic waste from pod containers.
- Espresso Coffee Makers. While there are technically no true smart espresso coffee makers in existence yet, there are espresso makers that allow for the same smart features as other smart coffee makers. Espresso coffee makers use espresso beans, rather than regular coffee beans, to brew small shots of espresso that can be drunk alone, in water, or mixed with any type of regular or non-dairy milk to create a latte beverage.
Alternatives to WiFi Coffee Makers
While WiFi coffee makers are usually the most convenient way to connect to your smart coffee maker, there are great alternatives to WiFi coffee makers that can make an equally great cup of coffee.
3. Self-Timing Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System
If you’re looking for an alternative to WiFi coffee makers, the Self Timing Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System is your go-to appliance. This Auto iQ tea and coffee maker offers six brew sizes, five brew styles and can brew both cold and hot drinks.
Our favorite thing about it is that you can brew your coffee right into your favorite coffee cup.
Why We Love It
The Self Timing Ninja Hot and Cold Brewed System is a high-tech smart appliance that offers a unique form of versatility. Its hot and cold beverage options mean that there’s something for everyone. We love that it:
- Has hot and cold beverage options
- Can dispense one serving of brewed coffee right into your cup
- Is able to recognize the basket display
- Brew five different styles, including classic, rich, over ice, cold brew, or specialty
- Has separate tea and coffee baskets
- Has a froth-your-own-milk setting
- No pods are required
What We Don’t Love
There is much to love about this alternative to a smart coffee. This is the one that I use when we want to make more than one or two cups of coffee. I think the only thing that can be said is that it isn’t actually a true smart coffee maker. So while it can be programmed, and it probably less glitchy than some wi-fi coffee makers, the Ninja must be manually programs.
Improve your coffee skills with this guide: 241 Flavorful Words to Describe Coffee
3 Factors to Consider
We’ve compared six options for Wi-Fi coffee makers. There are specific things you will want to keep in mind as you are deciding which one is best for you.
1. Your Coffee Preferences
When purchasing a smart WiFi coffee maker, it is important to consider which coffee maker will be best for your individual needs. Important things to consider are:
- Size of your family. Whether six people or two people will be drinking coffee in the morning, as well as how many cups they drink, will make a huge difference in your capacity needs. A larger family will need a coffee machine with a larger ounce capacity.
- Coffee or espresso. Whether you prefer brewed coffee or espresso will determine whether you should buy a smart coffee maker or a smart espresso machine. Most coffee makers do not do both.
- Size of your kitchen. If you have a small kitchen, it will be imperative to ensure that your coffee maker is small enough to fit comfortably in your kitchen. Getting one that is too large will make your life more complicated, rather than hassle-free.
2. Add Ons, Plug-Ins, and Extra Features
When buying a smart coffee maker, be mindful of what extra gadgets or applications are necessary in order to establish voice command and remote control.
- You have a smartphone or not.
- You already have a voice command system like Alexa or Google Home.
- You prefer to use an app such as a remote control or use a voice control system.
- You have reliable WiFi and Bluetooth in place.
- You would prefer to buy a separate plug-in that gives you the option for voice command.
3. Glass, Plastic, or Stainless Steel
Your smart coffee machine will very likely be a semi-permanent staple in your kitchen, which you see every morning before you leave home, and every evening when you return from work. The kitchen is often considered the heart of the home, so make sure that you love the way your coffee maker looks.
While many coffee makers come in limited color options and are mostly black plastic, there is always the option to search for stainless steel. Choosing whether you want plastic or metal and what color(s) you prefer is an important personal choice. It is also important to decide ahead of time whether or not you prefer a dishwashable carafe or a fragile glass carafe.
Reasons to Use a Smart Coffee Maker
Smart coffee makers are great for making your life easier, whether you have a busy schedule or whether you don’t want to go through all the hassle and preparation of using a regular coffee maker.
Only a few of the reasons to use a smart coffee maker include: simple voice commands, waking up to the smell of fresh coffee, and convenient timer settings.
- You Can Wake Up and Go: You have the option to program a timer for the next day so that your coffee is brewed and ready to go before you even start your day. You can also opt to use a smart coffee maker’s scheduled timer setting. This setting is like a recurring event in a digital calendar. It presets your smart coffee maker and tells it to begin brewing your favorite coffee at the exact certain time of your choosing each day.
- You Don’t Need to be in the Kitchen: One of the best things about smart Wi-Fi coffee makers is that your presence in the kitchen is not a requirement for brewing a great cup of coffee.With voice-controlled Google assistants and plenty of state of the art smartphone apps, you can command your coffee maker to start brewing by simply saying, “Hey Google, brew coffee” from the other room. By simply connecting both your smart Wi-Fi coffee maker and mobile or home device to Wi-Fi, you will have a world of delicious coffee at your fingertips.
- You’ll Get a Great Cup of Coffee: Smart WiFi coffee makers are known for their convenience and for making a great cup of joe. A smart WiFi coffee maker will offer you a smooth, hot, and satisfying cup of rich and bold flavor every time.
- Reliability is a Must: Reliability is a must when it comes to a coffee maker that is supposed to preset your coffee to be hot and ready at a specific time. Just like an alarm clock or the temperature settings on an oven, having a coffee maker that you can trust is imperative.
Interested to experiment with an amazing bean? Learn more about Ethiopian Yirgacheffe coffee.
More reading: 7 best coffee makers with grinders
For coffee lovers and caffeine enthusiasts, one of the most important appliances in the home is the coffee maker. Whether a busy professional who needs their coffee to be ready upon waking up in the morning or a lazy coffee lover staying home on the weekends, having a smart WiFi coffee maker is the perfect home kitchen gadget for you.
Whether you’re a busy mom with no time to yourself in the mornings or a business owner who needs to rush out the door before the big meeting, smart WiFi coffee makers will save you both time and energy. Not only will it make your life hassle-free and simple, but you’ll easily be able to enjoy the perfect cup of joe anytime with just the press of a button or voice command.
Which smart coffee maker do you have your eye on? Let me know in the comments!
- About the Author
- Latest Posts
Bryan Haines is a co-founder and writer on EnjoyJava – and is working to make it the best coffee blog in the world.
He is a travel blogger at Storyteller Travel and blogs about photography at Storyteller Tech. He is also co-founder of Storyteller Media, a company he started with his wife, Dena.